Student Entrepreneurship Ambassadors (SEAs) engage the entrepreneurship
community at UMBC through events and campus-wide programming. Members of the group serve
as the student voice of the Alex. Brown Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (ABCEI), and
are advocates for entrepreneurship programs across campus.
Ambassadors will help increase the presence of the ABCEI and its activities across the campus by
providing feedback on activities, promoting events through social media and connecting with
students in class, events and other programs.
Ambassadors will commit to a series of activities each month that help build the brand and profile
of the ABCEI, while promoting entrepreneurship as a mindset and the idea that entrepreneurship
is for everyone!
Ambassadors are innovative, driven, and encouraging leaders who strive to assist in the
development and growth of the ABCEI programs.
- Commit 8-10 hours per month to assist with entrepreneurship events or extracurricular
activities each semester
- Conduct entrepreneurship outreach on campus to inspire and motivate other student
- Attend ABCEI events to support logistics and coordination of activities such as Global
Entrepreneurship Week, IDEA Competition, CBIC, speaking events and other programming
- Participate in monthly touchpoints with ABCEI staff and other Ambassadors to provide
feedback on campaigns, upcoming events and activities
- SEAs connect students to entrepreneurial opportunities at ABCEI by presenting program
information in first-year seminars, hosting info-sessions, working with the UMBC Entrepreneurs
Club, tabling at events and delivering presentations in their own classes about the ABCEI
- SEAs leverage their creativity and innovation to help the ABCEI design unique marketing
campaigns across social media platforms
- Connect with students, staff and faculty by maintaining a physical presence at events on
campus, specifically those related to their field of study. This can include career fairs, club
days, open houses etc.
- SEAs will promote the ENTR minor to fellow students and be available to answer questions
and discuss how it can fit into students’ studies
- Strong creative and interpersonal skills
- Committed to representing the ABCEI in a professional and positive manner
- Able to make creative suggestions in the interest of the organization
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, and open to feedback
- Broaden contacts among faculty, staff, students, local entrepreneurs, and investors
- Develop a range of transferable skills
- Gain leadership skills
- Build your resume
- Earn letters of recommendation
- Get connected to fellow student leaders
- Each Ambassador will receive an ABCEI swag bag with clothing, hand outs and more to wear
- Upon completion of the 8 hours / month each semester, students will receive a $500 stipend
The Ambassador Program runs annually from September until the end of April. Applicants must
apply each year and will be paid at the end of each semester.
In order to be eligible to participate in the program, students must be enrolled in the
Students from all majors and class years are invited to apply.
Please click here to apply!