Working in UMBC’s community of entrepreneurs has been such a learning experience for me, and I can’t think of another community that could be a greater source of inspiration and motivation. As the semester comes to a close and my graduation from UMBC approaches, my time as the Alex. Brown Center’s marketing intern is coming to an end. The Center is actively looking for a new Marketing Intern who demonstrates enthusiasm for the ENTR community at UMBC, and who wants to help take the Alex. Brown Center to the next level. If this sounds like something you are interested in, don’t hesitate to apply!
Alex. Brown Center for Entrepreneurship Social Media Marketing Intern Responsibilities
1. Update/enhance Alex. Brown Center website on a regular basis
2. Ensure all social media tools, including the Center’s Twitter feed, LinkedIn group, Facebook page, myUMBC Group and ENTR Minor Group page is consistently up to date by providing relevant information on applied learning opportunities, events and professional development opportunities
a. Content contains information about upcoming events, competitions, available resources or other opportunities.
b. Create 2-3 posts a week
3. Set up a calendar of events on myUMBC
4. Promote and share top events for UMBC representatives (student, faculty and company entrepreneurs) to attend or present
5. Provide students interested in starting businesses with relevant tools and documentation on how to get started via the ABCE website
6. Attend Center sponsored events for documentation purposes
a. Encourage others to get involved in the online conversations as well
7. Serve as a familiar student contact for students who may have questions about the ENTR program(s) or events
1. Excellent writing/communication skills
2. Knowledgeable and skilled in use of social media techniques/methods
3. Knowledgeable and skilled in WordPress and Adobe Photoshop
4. Responsive and responsible
5. Able to connect and network with both student and professional entrepreneurs
6. Preferred but not required: Being in the ENTR Minor program
Pay: $10 an hour for up to 8-10 hours a week
If you are interested in this position send resumes to Vivian Armor at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 12, 2017.